1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined. Add egg and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into 1/2 cup portion and form into thick discs. Cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Evenly space 3 frozen cookie discs onto each sheet and bake for 17-19 minutes, until edges are golden brown and middles are no longer raw. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.