2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat a Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix briefly to combine.
- Whisk together flour and baking soda. Alternately add the flour mixture with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour in three additions. Do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in thickest part of cake comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then loosen the sides with a small spatula and turn over onto a cake plate to cool completely.