coconut cake recipe and I had to figure out something else to do with the remaining 40 ounces that the pack came with. Honestly, that’s how I end up trying most of the recipes I make; I have too much of an ingredient and I need to use it up somehow.
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
large pinch of kosher salt
Coffee-Cream Cheese Layer
2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9" square baking pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brownie: Melt the chocolate and butter in the top half of a double boiler set over barely simmering water. Stir and scrape sides of bowl until mixture is melted and smooth. Set aside and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs until smooth. Stir in the melted chocolate then the flour and salt; mix until well blended. Turn the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Cream Cheese Layer: In another bowl, mix the cream cheese with the sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and stir until combined. Scrape down the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Stir in the instant coffee and vanilla until combined.
- Using the rubber spatula, spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the chocolate layer, then run a table knife through the cream cheese to swirl it into large white ribbons throughout the brownie batter.
- Bake, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before cutting and serving.