|Left: chilled overnight; Right: Froze immediately|
|Chilled overnight before baking|
|Froze immediately then baked the next day|
|Chilled overnight then baked|
|Froze immediately and overnight then baked|
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
13 tablespoons of butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
3/4 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, combine melted and cooled butter, both sugars, vanilla and salt. Beat on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and egg yolk, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add in flour mixture and continue mixing until incorporated.
- Add in chocolate chips and give a final stir.
- Portion dough into golf-ball-size balls, line in a single layer on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cookie dough balls on baking sheet. Bake about 9 minutes, just until edges are a light golden brown.