3 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature, or warmed lightly in microwave
3 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
6 large eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 10-inch tube pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift the cake flour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a medium-size mixing bowl with the mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Stop the mixer once or twice to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the butter mixture and mix on medium speed after each addition until blended, about 10 seconds. Scrape the bowl each time. When all the eggs are added, mix 30 seconds more.
- Stir the flour gently into the batter with a rubber spatula. Then mix on low speed for 5 seconds, scrape the bowl, and blend until the batter is smooth and even, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the cake on the center oven rack until golden and firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 35 minutes.
- Let cake cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before inverting and unmolding gently. Let cool completely.