Monday, September 30, 2024

Chewy Coconut Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake

Chewy Coconut Cookies - made dough August 2, 2024 from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups sweetened, flaked coconut
  1. In the bowl of a stand fitted fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
  2. Add egg and vanilla; beat to combine.
  3. Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix on low speed until just combined.
  4. Portion into golf-ball size dough balls and flatten slightly. Cover and chill or freeze several hours or overnight.
  5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and evenly space dough balls about 3 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set and middles no longer look raw or shiny. Remove from oven and let rest on baking sheet for several minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. 
I love coconut. So let’s be honest, I had an almost 100% certainty I would like these cookies. Because coconut.

If I had bet myself, I would’ve won. I loved these cookies. They spread a little more than I would’ve liked but not too badly. These had the brown sugar overtones I like in such cookies plus the added sweetness and chewiness from the coconut. What’s not to love?


You’ll notice a couple of cookies are browner than the others. My bad. I wasn’t paying attention to the bake and rescued these from the oven a little too late. They were still good, flavor-wise, but had a slight crispy-chewiness from the bake time. Still good either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment