Friday, March 1, 2013

7-Up Biscuits

7-Up Biscuits - made February 23, 2013 from Monster Mama
This was one of those weeks where I could barely keep my head above water and I have a few things I've made last week but haven't been able to write up.  So this is going to be brief.  This is an easy  biscuit recipe to make.  What's surprising about it are the ingredients.  I can't taste any of the base ingredients in any significant way but they come together pretty well to make a traditional biscuit.  I made mine craggy-topped because I like the crunch better once they're baked but you can make it smoother by rolling out the dough like Monster Mama did.  As always, serve warm with butter and you can't go wrong.

2 cup Bisquick mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-Up (I used Sprite)
1/4 cup melted butter
  1. Preheat oven to 450ยบ
  2. Cut sour cream into your Bisquick mix, then add 7up - it will make a soft dough. Now sprinkle your counter with a little Bisquick mix then add dough and pat it out.
  3. Melt butter and pour it into a 9" square baking pan. Cut your biscuits up and arrange them in pan on top of melted butter.
  4. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment