Nutella Swirl Cookies.
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup Nutella, plus more for swirling into dough
1/4 cup almond butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
flaky salt, for topping, optional
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat Nutella, almond butter, and sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until smooth. Add egg, instant espresso powder and vanilla; mix until combined.
- On low speed, mix in flour mixture until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Dollop spoonfuls of Nutella atop dough and scoop cooking dough into golf-ball size dough balls, leaving swirls of Nutella distinct in each dough ball. Cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and evenly space frozen dough balls. Bake for 10-11 minutes until tops are set and crackly. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets then transfer to wire rack. Sprinkle with flaky salt and let cool completely.