1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cooled melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar for one minute. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract; beat until just combined.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and scoop 1/4 cup of cookie dough at a time and roll into balls. Tear balls in half by pulling gently on both sides. Smush the two halves together again, leaving the torn sides face up. Evenly space on baking sheet and bake for about 11-12 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown and middles are no longer raw. Cool completely.