my favorite snickerdoodle recipe but it comes close and it's still a winner. The main difference between this and a typical snickerdoodle is this one doesn't have cream of tartar. Purists may disagree that this is a "real" snickerdoodle but they're going to miss out on a really excellent cookie if they don't make this.
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slow add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Measure dough with a 1/4 cup measure and roll into golf-ball-size dough balls. Cover and chill or freeze several hours or overnight.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough balls in cinnamon sugar mixture and evenly space on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until center is just set. Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.