Sunday, May 5, 2013

Italian Sub Layered Bake

Italian Sub Layered Bake - made March 9, 2013 from Rachel Schultz
I made these awhile back but never blogged them.  I saw the recipe on pinterest and had a tube of crescent roll dough in my refrigerator to use up so it seemed like a nice easy recipe to try.  And so it was.  I confess the Pillsbury crescent rolls are one of the few pre-made things I don't turn my nose up at - they're so good.  And saves me the time and trouble of making them from scratch.  Plus, you can't go wrong with cheesy, flaky-bready goodness.  Even if it does mean more time on the treadmill to work off the calories from said goodness. I used turkey and ham slices and skipped the salami but you can use the deli meat(s) of your choice. These are best served warm so I recommend them as an easy-to-make-and-serve option for brunch.

1 roll refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 pound sliced deli turkey
1/2 pound sliced deli ham
8 slices salami
8 slices swiss cheese
2 egg whites
Salt & pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unroll crescent roll and divide into two squares, along perferated line. Mold one square into the base of a 9×9 glass baking dish. Layer with half of turkey, ham, salami, and swiss.
  2. Whisk egg whites and season with salt & pepper.
  3. Drizzle half of egg whites over meat. Repeat layering with remaining slices and top with remaining egg whites. Press the second crescent dough square over top. Season with pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until golden. Slice and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment