|Apple Pancake from the Original Pancake House|
4 tablespoons butter1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of flour
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Put butter in cast iron pan; place pan in a 425-degree oven until the butter is melted and bubbly (you want it hot, but don’t burn the butter).
- Combine milk, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add a little of the wet ingredients, mixing slowly to form a smooth paste. Gradually add the rest of the wet ingredients, mixing gently to prevent lumps. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the hot pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until well-raised and brown on top. Serve immediately. Serve with butter, syrup and/or powdered sugar if desired (optional).