Saturday, May 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - made May 5, 2012 from Michelle's Tasty Creations blog

It's been crazy busy lately and I haven't been home much so it's been hard to bake and blog in the same week.  I made the cookie dough for this last week, in anticipation of this being a busy week this week, and baked them off to give in goodie bags for my coworkers at our team dinner earlier this week.  I got the recipe from another blogger (click on the recipe title above for the original recipe) and wanted to make it because hers looked so good.  I've been baking long enough that I can tell from a picture if a recipe's going to be good (usually).  From Michelle's picture, I thought this would be moist and chewy and they wouldn't spread very much.

I was right on all counts although mine didn't turn out how I thought they would based on the other picture.  Mine didn't look as "smooth" as hers.  But they didn't spread too much, they were moist and they were chewy. The key for any peanut butter cookie (or most cookies, come to think of it) is to underbake them.  With peanut butter, you want to retain something close to that peanut butter texture but in cookie form.  The oatmeal wasn't very pronounced in these cookies but the peanut butter and chocolate chips make an impression.  Thumbs up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment