Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 - menu pictorial

It's been a busy week and I haven't been on the computer much for the past few days.  In between baking, decorating, Thanksgiving, visiting with family and friends and hosting my first holiday get together of the season (no, not Thanksgiving itself - I'm SO incapable of that), there just hasn't been enough time.  Here's a pictorial view of our Thanksgiving meal.  Christmas posts to follow in the coming days.
Lumpia appetizer - almost always present at every Filipino family gathering

Lechon (pork roast) - also a traditional feast food
Lechon in more serving size pieces
Shrimp pesto pasta - with basil grown in my mom's garden
Leche flan (Filipino creme caramel) - made by my mom
Basque Cake (butter cake with vanilla pastry cream)
Apple cobbler, aka Apple Crumble Bars (serve warm with ice cream)

No comments:

Post a Comment