Friday, November 18, 2011

The brownie version of Texas Fudge Cake

Essence of Chocolate Squares - made November 14, 2011 from Baking by Flavor by Lisa Yockelson


Have you ever had Texas Fudge Cake?  There are probably other names for it but it's essentially a chocolate sheet cake that's covered with chocolate frosting while it's still warm so the frosting melts into the cake then sets into a fudgy layer over the cake when it cools.  If you're a chocolate cake lover, it's a must-consume.  This is the brownie version of a Texas Fudge Cake.  And if you're a brownie lover or a fudge lover, I would argue this is even better than Texas Fudge Cake (ducking the cake lovers).  As you can see from the picture, the frosting melts into the cake and sets into what is essentially a layer of fudge on top.  Not "frosting" but "fudge".  This is pure unadulterated chocolate.  The brownies are moist and fudgy and the frosting is...well, to repeat, fudge.  Cut the pieces small as they're pretty rich and use a dark chocolate.  Otherwise it'll be too sweet.

I've made these before and blogged about them before so click on the title to go to the original blog post and the recipe.  Like I've said earlier, this isn't the time of year that I do a lot of experimentation so I may be revisiting and re-posting some earlier favorites.  This one is definitely a favorite and is already packaged up and sitting in my freezer waiting to go out in the next care packages or goodie bags I'm giving away.

2 comments:

  1. oh. dear. Lord...I can't even! Absolutely AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just borrowed this book for the library, great recipes. Brownie looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete