Thursday, December 28, 2017

2017 Holiday Dessert Party #2

Holiday Dessert Party #2 - hosted December 17, 2017
With the holiday season winding down, my almost-final tally is over 50 dozen cookies and brownies baked this season. Normally I don't keep track but I was asked about it in an interview for a story for the Christian Science Monitor so I did a quick tally, going through what I had baked for my first dessert party for my friends, what I baked for the benefit for the domestic violence shelter, what I baked as gifts for friends, coworkers, people at church and what I baked for my second holiday dessert party, this one for family.
Apple Cobbler aka Apple Crumble Bars
You'll recognize some of what I'd done for the first dessert party because they're perennial favorites with almost everyone but I also mixed it up a little with some specific family requests and favorites. Apple cobbler is always a family favorite and this one disappeared quickly.
Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
Two of my nephews like chocolate chip cookies so I had to bake one of my favorite recipes for them. For my other nephew, Vanilla King, it was Snickerdoodles.
Soft and Thick Snickerdoodles
My cousin Christine liked these butter cookies from her goodie bag last Christmas so I made them again for her.
Diamond-Edged Melt-in-Your-Mouth Butter Cookies
My niece always likes peanut butter cookies so I made one of my favorite peanut butter cookies.
"Best Ever" Peanut Butter Cookies
 Plus a repeat of what I made for her birthday earlier - Kahlua Cake.
Kahlua Cake
My cousin Elinor requested lemon bars. These had the added advantage of being made with lemons from her mom's lemon tree.
Lemon Bars

Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Kiss Cookies
My cousin Miriam was supposed to come but she had a conflict with a birthday party her oldest son wanted to go to. Nevertheless, I baked these white chocolate macadamia cookies, her favorites.
White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
So it ended up being something for everyone. Click on the caption under each picture for the recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment