1/4 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- Melt chopped chocolate and butter in the top half of a double boiler set over hot, barely simmering water. Whisk until melted and smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix in melted chocolate-butter mixture.
- Add in flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup coconut.
- Scoop into golf-ball-size dough balls, press a handful of coconut over each dough ball, cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Evenly space frozen dough balls on baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.