2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella (or more), for dolloping
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat together butter, Nutella, sugars, egg and vanilla on medium-high speed in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until well combined, about 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Dollop the Nutella on top of the dough and swirl very slightly. Do not try to mix into the dough but leave distinct swirls of Nutella. Scoop into golf-ball-size dough balls, cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Evenly space dough balls about 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until the edges are set and the middles no longer look raw or shiny. Let cool for 5 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool completely.