3/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
Cookie butter or Nutella for filling
- Combine all-purpose flour, cake flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt; whisk to combine.
- Cream together butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Add dry ingredients in 2 batches, beating until just combined each time.
- Scoop into small balls and flatten with the pointed side of a meat mallet or the tines of a fork,
- Chill or freeze for several hours until firm.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and space cookies evenly.
- Bake until the tops feel firm and the cookie bottoms are lightly browned, about 30 minutes; the tops of the cookies should not color.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sandwich with cookie butter or nutella.