Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Brownie Cups with Salted Caramel and Nutella Crunch

Brownie Cups with Salted Caramel and Nutella Crunch - made April 13, 2012, brownie recipe from Baking Style by Lisa Yockelson

I had leftover brownie batter from the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie recipe so I used my new toy dessert shell baking pan to make brownie shells.  I love this new pan because the possibilities are endless for the "filling" for the well in the center.  You can fill with chocolate mousse, caramelized pecans or almonds, custard, ice cream, coconut cream pie filling, and the list goes on.

This time around, I went with a salted caramel layer inside then filled the rest of the cavity with my nutella crunch recipe. I only had 4 brownie shells to fill so I only made a little of the nutella crunch (melted a handful of chocolate chips, added a scoop of nutella and poured in just enough Rice Krispies to bind together). You get both taste contrast of the dark chocolate brownie shell with the sweet/salty caramel and the texture contrast with the crunch of the nutella crunch topping.  The nutella crunch does set when it cools so if you want it a little softer, use more nutella than chocolate chips and/or serve before it cools completely.
Brownie Dessert Shell

Fill with Salted Caramel
I used the salted caramel from Trader Joe's

Top with Nutella Crunch Topping
Grab a spoon and dig in
What's cooking, love? Featured on Cast Party Wednesday

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! It looks delicious! Thank for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I followed you over from Sweet Treats Thursday Link Party. These look delicious! Love the dessert shell pan, I'm going to have to get one of those soon.

    I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. (Link up until Monday 4-23-12)

    Have a great day,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!Your recipe is being featured today on Menu and Party Idea Round Up! http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?p=27978 Please go grab a button! http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?page_id=1844 Thanks for sharing your recipe with us at Cast Party Wednesday #37!
    ---Sheryl---

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow these look amazing!! I love the caramel on top of the brownie and then the nutella topping. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday. I hope to see you there next week!

    ReplyDelete