Sunday, June 5, 2011

Search box not working

We interrupt all the baking posts for a public service whine that the search box for my blog isn't working!  When I input a search term which I often do when I need to link back to a recipe I've already posted, the search results return...nothing.  It was working a few days ago so I don't know what's going on.  If it is or isn't working for you, please let me know.  And if you know of a fix, please let me know that too.

I find it ironic that blogger is a Google (the SEARCH company) product and the search box isn't working.  I tried searching their help forum and find it spectacularly unhelpful.  I also couldn't find where I can log an issue or ticket with blogger/Google to notify them of the problem.  Their help link just refers me to the help forum and all the discussions on the subject are closed with no seeming fix.  Help! [/whine]

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree...I can't imagine they aren't aware...and hope it's fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happened to me last week and now some of my followers say they can't leave comments. Hey Google help us out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, clearly this is from a WHILE ago... But I just encountered the same problem on our company blog. Have you discovered the solution (2 years later?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, unfortunately there was no fix that I did. It just started working a few days later so it must've been something on the google end that they had to fix. Hope your issue is only temporary.

      Delete