Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009 - the pictorial menu

Once again, documenting for posterity - here's what we had for Thanksgiving. There were 15 of us and the majority of people weren't big turkey fans, myself included (I don't care how well cooked it is, it still tastes like a big flavorless chicken to me). So instead, we had:

Prime Rib (courtesy of my ex-BIL, Forrest)


Duck basted with a honey glaze (also from Forrest):


Ginatang Shrimp (a Filipino dish - my mom's cooking), aka Shrimp with Coconut Sauce - this was the picture before my mom added the coconut sauce


Pancit Malabon, a Filipino noodle dish and a variation from Pancit Palabok I posted about earlier. This was made by my cousin Teresa and this is one of her specialty's. She's another great cook who doesn't go by recipes when she cooks so I have no hope of putting together a recipe for this. I just hope she keeps on making it for our family get togethers.


I have no idea what this dish is called - this was also made by my cousin Teresa and is a beef dish with peas and carrots. Also tasty (the beef part, I don't like peas or cooked carrots)

One of my nieces also made creamy mashed potatoes with spices and garlic which was quite good. Our other side dish was corn. Then it was time for dessert. I made everything I had planned except for the pumpkin upside down cake. We had chocolate chip cookies instead and that seemed plenty. The banana butterscotch cupcakes were the biggest hit of all.



So all these pictures easily explain why it's more than likely I've regained some of the 6 lbs I just lost. Time to get busy again with moving more and eating less....at least until Christmas. It was a good Thanksgiving and I have much to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment