Saturday, April 6, 2019

Restaurant Review: Hash House A Go Go, Las Vegas, NV

Hash House A Go Go - lunch on June 22, 2018
Before you even think about going to a Hash House A Gogo, you better make sure you go when you're hungry. Preferably starving. The restaurant is so popular that, even in Las Vegas, with its plethora of good restaurants, they'll help you with sharpening your appetite by being crowded when you get there and having you wait for at least half an hour or more for a table.
At least that was our experience when my coworkers and I went there for lunch during an offsite trip last summer. (Yes, I'm very behind and chronologically inconsistent when I'm blogging foodie excursions.)
We went to the Hash House at The Linq which is on the Strip in Vegas, as so many things are. The place was crowded and it took awhile for all of us to get a table.
Chicken & Waffles $21.99
I love brunch food so Hash House a Go Go is exactly my kind of place. Except, if you don't want to gain 5 pounds just walking in the door. The portions are massive. Not just "big" but, like everything else in Vegas, they don't do subtle.

Tractor Driver Combo $14.99
I got a pancake bigger than my head. No joke. See the hand below for scale on how big the actual pancake was. The eggs and sausages that came with it looked anemic next to the single pancake. You don't need more than one. Unless you plan to eat for the next 7 weeks like a bear hibernating for winter.

Like most things in Vegas, a city that doesn't entertain the concept of "moderation", this is great once in awhile. Not sure I could eat like this more than once or twice a year but it was fun to be there with my coworkers and we had fun as Hash House is also noisy and not the place to be stuffy or demure.
Waffles

One of the Hashes
I ate the proteins but couldn't manage more than 1/3 of the pancake. And even that was probably too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment