1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup dulce de leche
1 teaspoon fleur de sel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 9 baking pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Add vanilla and eggs until just combined.
- On low speed, add baking soda, salt and flour, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Press 2/3 of the batter in the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom layer begins to set.
- Remove from oven and pour the dulce de leche evenly over bottom layer. Top with spoonfuls of the remaining batter, covering as much of the dulce de leche as possible and return to the oven.
- Bake another 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and blondies are golden brown. Cool completely before cutting.