1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups panko crumbs
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
Sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cover a large cooking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Arrange three large bowls and fill the first with flour, the second with beaten eggs and the last with the panko crumbs.
- Dip each piece of chicken in flour, then egg then panko crumbs, gently pressing to coat. Place on cooking tray in single layer.
- Bake in the oven for about 113-15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and outside is golden brown.
- Sauce: combine all sauce ingredients, except the cornstarch and water, in a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Whisk together the cornstarch and water and slowly add to the bubbling sauce; stirring constantly. Cook for a minute until sauce thickens; remove from heat.
- Toss sauce with warm chicken, coating each piece evenly. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired; serve immediately.