1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon amaretto liquor (I used vanilla extract)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour (dip and sweet method)
3/4 cup almonds, chopped or sliced, toasted
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, amaretto and salt until smooth and creamy.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour and mix until dough forms.
- Fold in almonds with a rubber spatula.
- Form dough into 2 rectangular logs. Wrap each log in plastic wrap. Freeze logs for at least 40 minutes in the freezer then 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- With a sharp knife, cut dough into 1/4" thick slices, arrange them on baking sheets 1" apart. Bake until edges are edges, about 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.