1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup whole milk
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Spray 9 x 5" loaf pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixer, combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined. Add vanilla extract.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture and milk, alternating. Mix until just combined. Add coconut and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.