CIA recipe for pastry cream.
1-2 large, ripe (but not overripe) bananas, sliced into thick rounds
1 1/2 cups pastry cream, more if desired
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, chilled and cubed
1 tablespoon flour
½ cup Nutella, more if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line spray individual tart pans with nonstick cooking spray. Cut puff pastry sheet into 3 columns then cut each column into 3 squares. Place in prepared tart pans and press middles into bottom of pans to create a concave shell.
- Spoon pastry cream into bottom of shells, dividing evenly. Place a layer of sliced bananas over pastry cream.
- Combine brown sugar, chilled butter cubes and flour in small bowl and mix together until you have a crumbly streusel. Sprinkle over tops of bananas.
- Bake until puff pastry is golden brown and streusel topping has melted and browned, 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle warm Nutella over top of tarts. Serve immediately.