Saturday, October 4, 2014

Soft Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Soft Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies - made dough September 7, 2014 from Cookies and Cups
I normally pair peanut butter with semisweet or milk chocolate – and fine combinations those are too. This is a different twist with white chocolate instead. Both these flavors I’m just so-so about but figured I would go for it since I share what I bake anyway and I can’t always bake for what only I love. Well, I could but let’s try to be a little less selfish with this recipe.


It’s actually a pretty good peanut butter cookie. I made them on the small side and baked them from frozen dough. They didn’t spread much either which was a point in their favor. Although semisweet or milk chocolate pairs well with peanut butter and complements it, I thought the white chocolate chips enhanced the peanut butter flavor. It didn’t compete with the peanut butter so much as make a nice backdrop for it. So if you want a quick, easy peanut butter cookie recipe, kick the tires on this one and let me know what you think.
Oh and you will only get this "fudgy" texture that you see here if you don't overbake it. Did that even need to be said?
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp vanilla
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips


  1. Preheat oven to 350°
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  3. In bowl of stand mixer combine all the ingredients except flour and white chocolate chips.
  4. Beat mixture on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides as needed.
  5. Mix in flour until combined and finally stir in white chocolate chips.
  6. Using cookie scoop or large spoon place dough 2 inches apart on baking sheet. If you prefer not as tall of a cookie, press dough down slightly, as cookies will not spread when baking.
  7. Bake for 9-10 minutes until bottoms have just set. Do not overbake, cookies will still be soft on the inside.
  8. Allow to cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment