|My lemon tree that can't stop growing lemons|
|The orange tree that doesn't like to grow oranges, just leaves|
1/3 cup powdered sugar
zest of one lemon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup powdered sugar, for dredging
- Cream the butter the the 1/3 cup powdered sugar. Beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch and salt into a large bowl. Add to the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Roll the dough into a 1 1/4"-diameter log. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Slice the dough into 1/4" thick slices and place evenly spaced on a baking sheet, 1 inch apart. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven until just lightly golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 4 minutes. Dredge cookies in powdered sugar to coat.