Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Salmon and Spinach (paleo, Whole 30)

Salmon and Spinach - made October 30, 2013
Happy New Year - welcome 2014!

After all the indulgence of the holidays, are you ready for healthier eating? I am or else I will be shortly. Here's a Whole 30 compliant dish I made back in late October when I was following the plan. It's so easy, I probably can't even qualify it as a recipe.  I lined a 9 x 13 pan with foil, put a layer of fresh organic spinach to cover the bottom, placed slabs of fresh salmon over it, sprinkled with salt and coarsely ground pepper, and laid slices of fresh organic lemons (plucked off my mom's lemon tree), covered with foil and baked at 350 degrees F until the salmon was done.
The key thing I discovered is that this method produces a lot of water, presumably from the spinach.  Yikes. I literally found the salmon in a water bath when I took the foil off.  Oops.  On the plus side, cooking it this way really brought out the salmon flavor and it was delicious.  And healthy. And it allowed me to painlessly eat spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment