Sunday, December 15, 2013

Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies revisited

Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies - made December 14, 2013 from Sweet Pea's Kitchen
I've pretty much been baking almost nonstop all weekend. I think I took a break for showers, church, an emergency run to Costco for more eggs and a little sleep. Although I'm somewhat loopy from lack of sleep so it really was just a little sleep.  But I got all the baking done for gifts I gave away to folks at church this morning and now, at the end of a long afternoon and evening of baking, I have 3 care packages of baked goods to mail out as well as baked gifts for my coworkers tomorrow, a friend I'm meeting for lunch (plus one extra goodie bag for her to take to a mutual friend back at their office) and another friend I'm meeting for dinner.
As part of some of the baked gifts, I made these Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. I've had this on my pinterest board for awhile and I thought I was testing out a new recipe but it appears I made these just over a year ago and simply forgot. Easy to do when I bake so much. But I'm glad to have resurfaced them again as these turned out pretty well.  I only had a sliver half the size of my pinky but it was enough to confirm they're good.  And I don't even like cheesecake.  But the brownies were a perfect foil for the cheesecake portion and they're suitably Christmas-y in all their red velvet glory.  The search function on blogger hasn't been working the last couple of days and I don't know when it'll be fixed so I'll save you the trouble of searching for it - just click on the post title link and it'll take you to the recipe.  Enjoy.
And in case you're wondering what I've been up to, besides these brownies, here's what I've made in the last 48 hours:
Lemon Chip Cookies
Lemon Doodles
Sour Cream Fudge Cake (recipe to follow in a future post)
Lemon Bars
Peanut Butter Brookies
Browned Butter Crinkles (recipe to follow in a future post)
Kahlua Fudge

I made enough of the above to give to 23 people and package them up in Christmas splendor in all the treat bags and boxes I bought on sale after Christmas last year. And clean up my kitchen back to a presentable state. Eek, no wonder I'm tired. But in a good way. I didn't take a picture of everything because I'm too tired. And my camera doesn't have a wide angle lens, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment