Orange Cinnamon Roll pancakes and subbing out the orange glaze in that recipe for the cinnamon glaze in this recipe for that snickerdoodle slant. Which is what I did the next day to use up the leftover glaze (pics below).
|Made with this pancake recipe|
3 tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon of kosher salt
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup of sour cream
4 tablespoons of melted butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
¼ – ½ cup of milk
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- Use ¼ cup of milk for thicker, fluffy pancakes. Add more milk for thinner, tender pancakes.
- Pour ¼ cup of pancake batter onto hot non-stick griddle.
- When edges of pancakes start to set, flip and cook until light golden brown.
- Serve with butter and cinnamon vanilla glaze.
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3-4 tablespoons milk (depending on the consistency you want)
- Whisk ingredients together, adding the milk 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Pour over hot pancakes and serve immediately.