Friday, December 21, 2012

Snickerdoodle Biscoff Cookie Cups

Snickerdoodle Biscoff Cookie Cups - made December 15, 2012 from Sweet as Sugar Cookies

Last Saturday was my first full day back from my business trip last week and after I had heard about the shooting at Sandy Hook.  One of my coping mechanisms in life is to bake so, not surprisingly, I pretty much spent all that day baking.  I needed gifts for church friends the next day and for care packages I was mailing out so it was a good way to channel my efforts into something positive.  Like many other bloggers, today, I'm dedicating this post to the 20 children and 6 adults who died in that tragedy - they will always be remembered and loved.

I've been meaning to try this recipe from Sweet as Sugar Cookies for awhile.  I like snickerdoodles and I like biscoff flavor so it seemed like a good combination.  Plus, like thumbprint cookies, cookie cups are little and cute and perfect in care packages when you're giving away several different kinds of cookies but don't want to overwhelm your recipients with too much.  I made these as part of the goodie bags for church friends and was very pleased with how they turned out.  The snickerdoodle cookie itself is good enough to be a standalone cookie in case you don't want to make it as a cookie cup.  I skipped the step to drizzle white chocolate over it as it was a cold day when I made these and it's tricky to work with white chocolate which freezes up and sets quickly in cold temps.  Plus, okay, I didn't have good white chocolate to use for melting when I made these. 


1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Biscoff Cream Cheese Frosting
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons creamy Biscoff spread
1/2 cup powdered sugar

melted white chocolate (for drizzling - I skipped this step)

For the cookie cups: Cream the butter with the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Form the dough into 1 Tbsp. balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar. Place balls of dough in greased mini muffin tins and bake at 350F for about 13-15 min. until a toothpick comes out clean. While still warm, make a little dent in the center of each cup with a small spoon or your finger (you may have to scoop out a little of each cookie - eat the scraps and enjoy). Chill the tins in the fridge for at least 30 min. before removing the cookies.

For the frosting: Beat the cream cheese with the Biscoff spread until combined. Beat in the powdered sugar until fluffy.

Pipe the frosting into the cookie cups. Drizzle with the melted white chocolate. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment