|This didn't come cleanly out of the bundt pan, hence why the top is half missing|
|A lemon ornament for a lemon cake|
|I don't have a bundt cake slice ornament so this will have to do|
|A close up of the texture|
1 Tbsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup shortening, room temperature
5 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
6 Tbsp lemon juice
Zest from 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly spray one large Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating until well blended after each one.
- Add dry ingredients in three additions to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Mix in lemon juice and zest.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes. Turn cake out onto a rack and cool completely.
Linked to Sweet Treats & Swanky Stuff Saturday