Friday, December 9, 2011

White Chocolate Toffee Macadamia Cookies

White Chocolate Toffee Doodles - made December 8, 2011 from Something Swanky's blog


I'm a follower of Something Swanky's blog and like Dorothy's Crazy for Crust blog, Ashton of Something Swanky always has some killer desserts and recipes on her blog.  I liked this one, both for the flavors and because it just looked yummy.  Judging by the recipe, it also seemed like a safe bet to try out for the holidays and have it turn out.  When I do try a new recipe during the holidays, I like the safety net of knowing it turned out well for another baker and that they recommend it.  Bonus that it was easy to mix up when I had 15 minutes and could sit in the freezer until I needed to bake it for a social event.

The only thing I changed from the original recipe (click on the blog title for the recipe) is I added macadamia nuts in addition to the white chocolate chunks and toffee bits and I baked at a convection oven setting of 350 degrees instead of the 375 degrees in Ashton's recipe.  This turned out pretty well.  But do not overbake these.  I would only bake until the middles look just barely raw.  I baked the first batch at 375 degrees and they baked up faster than I thought.  I didn't burn them but I definitely baked them instead of underbaking them.  They were fine but not as moist as I like my cookies.  I had better results with the second cookie sheet when I baked them at 350 degrees and took them out when the edges were brown and the middles were just past not-doughy-looking.  They were great then.  The edges were crisp but the middle was soft and chewy.  I think I would've been better off without the macadamia nuts so that the flavor wouldn't compete with the toffee.  But the cinnamon in the dough was a nice flavor enhancer and I enjoyed these.  Thanks, Ashton, for a great recipe.




3 comments:

  1. These cookies look and sound amazing. I would love it if you came to link to my holiday recipe swap blog hop. It is my first ever! Love these recipes.
    http://www.mythirtyspot.com
    -Erin Kennedy

    ReplyDelete