Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pumpkin Coffee Cake

Pumpkin Coffee Cake - made October 29, 2011 from Crazy for Crust's blog


I think I've mentioned before that one of the things I enjoy about blogging is getting exposed to all the other foodie blogs out there.  Unfortunately I can't follow them all and even the ones I do follow, I don't always have time to read all the entries.  But when I'm lucky, I have the right timing to not only catch up on some of the blogs but also catch a yummy-sounding and looking recipe like this one from Crazy for Crust.  Dorothy has an awesome blog and I encourage you to check it out for not only some delicious goodies but also some very clever and creative concoctions.  When I saw this one for Pumpkin Coffee Cake (click on the blog title to go to the original recipe on Dorothy's blog), it looked too good to pass up.  I still had leftover pumpkin puree from the Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes and just enough milk that the recipe called for.  Plus I love streusel and coffee cake so it was a no-brainer to try this out.

I've learned to trust Dorothy's recommendations as she and I seem to have similar tastes.  This was validated by this recipe.  She loved this one and so did I.  It was super easy to make and turned out really well.  The cake is moist and the streusel on top crisped up to provide a nice contrast to the soft texture of the cake.  The only thing  I changed is I didn't have pumpkin pie spice so I substituted cinnamon instead.  Still turned out great - thanks, Dorothy!

3 comments:

  1. Coffee cake is a great excuse to have streusel for breakfast :) This one certainly sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked the coffee cake! Thanks for posting about it and saying such nice things. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this cake sounds very yummy! I followed your suggestion and checked out Crazy for Crust blog...got the recipe now and will try it out! let you know how it goes. ciao

    ReplyDelete